Who can treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome? December 21, 2015 08:00

To have arrived at this page we will assume that you are currently researching Irritable Bowel Syndrome to ensure that you are as informed as you can be to either help yourself or a loved one with this condition. Since 1978 it has been possible to make an accurate medical diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. These days your local family doctor will have been trained in identifying IBS and distinguishing it from other gastrointestinal conditions.

If you think you may suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome and have not had a diagnosis please speak to your doctor right away.

At the moment no cure has been discovered for IBS but once a diagnosis has been made your doctor can offer a variety of solutions in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. They may also refer to you a gastroenterologist or another medical specialist. You may wish to speak to your local pharmacist for advice on the many non-prescription medications available. When considering what medications and supplements you should be taking make sure to check out IBSACOL, a product we have created to provide symptomatic relief from Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome is chronic (long-lasting) condition and it is important that you look to manage symptoms that may otherwise negatively impact on your quality of life. Some of the changes you will make will not include medication and you may wish to speak to a nutritionist or a personal trainer to help you make lifestyle adjustments.

As I mentioned at the start you are also able to inform yourself using resources from local medical facilities or online resources. Perhaps it will be helpful to take some time to read through some of the other articles on this site to inform yourself about different aspects of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. We have nearly 2 decades of experience with developing a solution for IBS so we thought we would share some of what we have learned with you.

Finally, a problem shared is a problem halved. Make sure you don’t suffer alone, perhaps check out some excellent forums and sites where people going through similar things can share their stories and ask questions. We particularly recommend: www.ibsgroup.org

*Please remember to always seek medical advice. This article is written generically about IBS and should not supersede any advice received by a medical professional about an individual condition. If you think you have IBS or any other condition get the advice of your Family Doctor especially before beginning or changing any course of medication.